torsdag 25 september 2008

“Snooping Business”

Today in TIME magazine I read the article "Snooping Bosses" about how bosses are snooping around and got an constant eye on the staff members. With help by diffrent tools your boss can among other things see what diffrent pages you have visit, lisen to your phone calls under working hours etc.

I think that you shouldn´t do any personal things under working hours so when your at work, your time should be spent on work related things.

It´s a big problem for many companies that the employees does personal things under working hours and in those cases the bosses have diffrent tools to monitor the staff members to see that it´s only work the employees spend there time with.

After working hours the company have nothing to do with what I do under my free time. But on working hours?

I think it´s a good thing that the bosses have some small tools to use so the employees only work under working hours, but it can´t go to far so it interferes with people´s integrity. If the companies can separate work time with there staff members personal time it´s fine by me to do some snopping to increase efficiency around the workers.

3 kommentarer:

S. Wahlstedt sa...

I can really agree with the statment that a boss interferes with his staffs integrity when he spy on them.
He would rahter spend time on making his staff enjoying his time at work. I can also agree that when an employee has the resonsibility to work, spend time at the office and to his work tasks.

Nina sa...

I think your reflections are very good and that you have good views. I certainly agree with you.

Anonym sa...

I think that it's not right to do other things at work, an employee has a responsability at work and he knew that the day he was hired!
So your reflections are similar to mine.And I must say I agree with you!