måndag 8 december 2008

Blog assignment 3: Nice Work

I've just finished reading Nice Work by David Lodge and I like here to reflect on one of the things that I fell is really interesting about the book.

It´s about Vic Wilcox and Dr Robyn Penrose, who get to be Vic´s "shadow" in a program created to let the industry people and the University people meet each other and share understanding about each others world.

I fell this could be something great to introduce to the educations at the swedish university to creat knowledge among the students, so they can learn about the real world out there instead of just reading about it in our course literature. To let the students get out in the real world for atleast 2 weeks and learn whats it all about.

Just like in the book, where Vic and Robyn at the end start to realize that they can use each others knowledge in there own work, maybe that could happend in sweden to.

The students start to understand whats it all about in the real world and people that makes the decitions about student education can understand how the lecturing should be composed so the student are prepare in the best possible way for the real world.

4 kommentarer:

Jaber sa...

Hi Mikael!

I think aswell as you that the university should put more effort for the students to preper them for the real world.
It ir really intersesting how people relize that they need each others help after a long time when its obviuse that you need each others help.

The book is really good both for students sudying economi but it is even better for all people...because the book is not just about economy but also how to work together as a team.

It is really good that you point out that the university should preper the student more for work.
Jaber Hameed

lina welin sa...

Hi
I think it's a good idea to let students go out in the real world and learn about how it works in real life, not how it works in the literature.

Johanna sa...

I totally agree with you that the university should help students to get a closer connection to “the real world” outside the walls of the university, which would probably help us get a job in the future, and also to get a more specific veiw of what we want to work with.

Sara sa...

I agree with you that it is important to get out in the "real world". Vic and Robyn can learn a lot of things from each other..